Cruck Barn Cottage is located in a beautiful unspoiled rural setting. We are lucky to be surrounded by old fashioned nature. The thick holly hedges provide habitat for small birds and animals and the paths and verges are home to many of the wild flowers, herbs and plants rarely seen today.
At Cruck Barn Cottage we are committed to playing our part in preserving the environment, and are proud to hold the Green Tourism “Silver” Award for our Green Initiatives. We welcome like-minded guests who will help us comply with Environmental Initiatives and benefit from this peaceful location.
- We recycle Plastic, Glass, Paper, Cardboard and Cans and would encourage our guests to limit their waste and packaging. We have reduced our waste to landfill by 15%.
Vegetable peelings, coffee grounds and tea are all composted
- Wherever possible we use LED lighting
- We provide and use ECO Cleaning Products. We have a septic tank at the Cruck Barn and therefore cannot use bleach or other household chemicals.
- We grow our own Vegetables, Salads, Herbs and Soft Fruits in Raised Beds . Guests are welcome to pick and use these in season.
- Rain water is collected in butts around the farm and cottage
- Encourage walkers with maps of local walking paths
- Cyclists are welcome