Cruck Barn Cottage was converted in 2011 to luxury holiday accommodation for two people. It is situated on the edge of the Peak District National Park.
- Cruck Barn Cottage is in a very rural location, ideal as a base for walking, cycling or relaxing holidays.
- Nearest shopping centre is the Market Town of Chesterfield which is six miles away
- Should you wish to pre-order groceries, we recommend http://saucedhere.co.uk/, a locally based company which delivers top quality produce from the best of our local suppliers and producers at the same price as the shops themselves. The website is easy to use and Sauced Here will deliver to Cruck Barn the day of your arrival.
Arrival and Car Parking
- Directions for Cruck Barn Cottage are available on the website, or can be forwarded by post.
- The cottage has clear signs on the roadside and cars can be parked on a gravelled area in front of the property. Generally it is best to reverse from the Lane onto the drive.
- There will be someone at High Ashes Farm, next door, to greet guests, show them the cottage and provide keys.
- The cottage has one main entrance door close to the parking area. There are two shallow steps on the access path.
- The door opens straight into an open plan kitchen.
- Two steps lead down into the living area.
- The Bathroom is on ground floor level and has a bath and over bath shower.
- A Store where damp clothes and boots can be dried is also on this level.
- The curved shallow staircase, with handrail to one side, leads to the galleried bedroom.
- In the event of fire, evacuation is via the main entrance door.
- A Fire Blanket is located in the kitchen by the oven.
- There is network coverage for mobile telephones.
- The information folder at the cottage gives telephone numbers for emergency services, along with details of taxi services, pubs and restaurants and places of local interest.